What happens if my Southwest flight is Cancelled due to weather?
Are you looking for information on Southwest Airlines flight cancellation policy due to bad weather? Your flight could be cancelled at any moment due to bad weather, which no one can control. If Southwest Airlines cancels a flight due to poor weather, they implement a set of guidelines to ensure that no passenger lose money. Southwest Airlines has a sound policy in effect for all passengers who are affected by weather-related flight cancellations. You can learn more about Southwest Airlines flight cancellation caused by bad weather condition by reading the details below.
What is Southwest policy for cancellation due to bad weather?
Southwest Airlines is forced to cancel flights due to passenger safety in bad weather. While bad weather is something that no one can control, Southwest Airlines does its utmost to ensure the passenger satisfaction who might be affected by it. The specifics of Southwest Airlines flight cancellation policy due to bad weather are given below.
- If your Southwest Airlines flight is cancelled due to bad weather, you will be automatically rebooked on the next flight operating to your destination.
- When your flight is cancelled because of the bad weather, you can also make an online refund request with Southwest Airlines to get a refund for the ticket you did not use.
- Southwest will refund you the ticket money if your flight is cancelled due to poor weather. In addition to your refund, you will receive a $100 travel voucher as compensation that you can use to book any Southwest Airlines flight in the future.
- Southwest compensates you for cancelled flights due to weather when you file a claim for it. There is service app that tracks your cancelled flights and automatically files a claim for compensation.
What is the Southwest Airlines 24-hour flight cancellation policy?
Passengers on Southwest Airlines have the option to cancel their flight in the event of an emergency. Southwest Airlines passengers get the right to cancel flights in subject to the terms and conditions of their cancellation policy which is described below.
- Southwest Airlines' 24-hour cancellation policy allows travelers to cancel their flight without paying a charge if they do so within 24 hours.
- Southwest Airlines even allows travelers to cancel their flight after 24 hours, but there is a charge associated with this decision.
- Southwest Airlines allows business-class passengers to cancel their flights up to 10 minutes before the departure time and provide full refund.
- You can cancel anytime fares up to 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time to receive a full refund from Southwest Airlines.
- If you booked Wanna Get Away fare, you can cancel your flight free up to 10 minutes prior to the actual departure time.
What is the refund policy of Southwest Airlines for a cancelled flight?
When you have to cancel a flight with Southwest, you can rest easy knowing that they will refund your ticket based on the rules and regulations implemented by them. You can know precise details about the Southwest flight refund policy below.
- Since there is no cancellation fee, you are entitled for a full refund if you cancel a refundable ticket within 24 hours of the initial booking time.
- If you cancel a non-refundable flight inside 24 hours of booking, you will be given the option of receiving your refund in future wallet or in the actual method of payment.
- When you cancel a non-refundable ticket outside 24 hours of the original booking period, you will not be given an option as how you would like to receive the refund, as the amount is transferred to your future wallet.
- Southwest Airlines processes the entire refund sum within seven days of receiving the refund request from a passenger after flight is cancelled by them.
- If you request a refund from Southwest Airlines in the bank account, it will take a few days for it to appear in your account, depending on your bank's processing period.
Moreover, you can connect to the Southwest flight phone number for receiving any help from a live representative or asking about any query to them. Southwest Airlines offers extensive assistance to travelers in need through a dedicated team of customer service representatives that can be contacted through a variety of methods.
- What is Allegiant Air Pet Policy Fly with Dog and Cat?
- What is Spirit Airlines Group Travel?
- How do I obtain my boarding pass on the United app?
- What happens if my Southwest flight is Cancelled due to weather?
- What happens if I miss my KLM flight?
- Does KLM Airlines Have a Live Chat? Support
- How do I get my boarding pass on the United app?
- Can You Live Chat With Ryanair? Live Person
- What airline is the best to fly with?
- Can I cancel a flight and get a refund?