How do you use a gift card on Southwest Airlines?
Go yourself the Southwest Airlines’ gift card but have no clue about how to use or redeem on the airline? Well, the gift card can be used for purchasing various thing on the airline especially the flight tickets (including taxes and fees). Besides, they are redeemable via different ways such as online, via customer services and other ways. In addition, there are few terms and conditions that you must know before redeeming your gift cards on the airline.
Hence, read this guide further to know about how to redeem the Southwest Gift Card, guidelines to keep in mind and other useful information.
Things To Keep In Mind Before Redeeming The Southwest Gift Card
- Southwest gift cards can only be redeemed for booking flight tickets on the airline. However, one will need to pay the additional taxes and fees for Southwest flight tickets purchased directly through the airline.
- The flights tickets purchased via Southwest Airlines gift cards are non-refundable, and if the passengers do not take up the travel or the flight is canceled, then funds will be transferred into the Travel Funds accounts for future bookings.
- In the event, if the passenger cancels the trip purchased through the Southwest Gift Card within 24 hours of takeoff, then he/she is required to inform the airline to receive the funds into their Travel Funds.
The following things cannot be purchased through redeeming the gift card on Southwest Airlines:
- Vacation packages
- Group bookings
- Partner hotel, rental cars, Southwest Airlines merchandise & EarlyBird Check-In.
- Oversized or excess baggage fees, boarding upgrade, Pet fare & Cargo.
- Unaccompanied minor service fee & inflight purchases
- Additional Southwest gift cards & any purchases via a travel agent
How do I use a Southwest gift card? Online Instructions
The instructions mentioned below will help you to use your gift cards on Southwest Airlines. In addition, you can use them to purchase the Southwest flight ticket and process is no different than purchasing a flight ticket using the credit card.
- Visit the official website of Southwest Airlines in your web browser, then go through the fight selection process in the booking section, and then land on the payment page.
- Now, on the Passenger and Payment Info page, navigate to the Payment Method section and hit the small drop-down arrow at the top next to the Southwest gift card option.
- Hereafter, you can see the box where you’ll be asked to input the Southwest gift card information and then you can confirm your bookings.
As per the Southwest Airlines, you can input up to 3 gift cards per passenger & reservation. But if all of your gift cards are unable to cover the complete cost of your fight tickets, then you can redeem 2 gift cards and a separate payment method finish your bookings.
Moreover, if you have been thinking How do I use a Southwest gift card, then you can contact the Southwest airlines customer service and take expert’s assistance for the same. Besides, you can also take further consultancy regarding the gift cards on Southwest.
- What happens if my Southwest flight is Cancelled due to weather?
- What happens if I miss my KLM flight?
- Does KLM Airlines Have a Live Chat? Support
- How do I get my boarding pass on the United app?
- Can You Live Chat With Ryanair? Live Person
- What airline is the best to fly with?
- Can I cancel a flight and get a refund?
- Is it better to cancel flight or not show up?
- How can I talk to someone at Hawaiian Airlines?
- How can I talk to someone at Frontier airlines?