- Southwest Airlines Information
- Southwest Airlines Hub
- Top Southwest Airlines Airport
Southwest Airlines Reservations (WN)
- Airline Code:
Southwest Airlines Co. established by Herb Kelleher and headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is the world's largest low-cost carrier. Despite its establishment in 1967, the airline had adopted its current name, i.e., Southwest Airlines Co., in 1971. Depending on a fleet of 736 and more than 57,000 employees (as of March 2018), the airline is connecting 99 destinations across the sphere. The focused cities are Midway, Las Vegas, Denver, Washington, Phoenix, Dallas, Houston, Orlando, and Los Angeles, Atlanta.
Southwest Airlines Reservations - Here's You Need to Know about Book Flight Online
When you plan to travel through Southwest Airlines you should always book your flight tickets in advance. In this way, you would get flight tickets at a cheaper flight fare. Also, if you want to make flight reservations, you should not miss following the procedure mentioned below. In this way, you would be able to book your seats on Southwest Airlines instantly without much of a stretch.
How to Reserve a Seat on Southwest Airlines?
- To start with, you should open the website of Southwest Airlines.
- On the booking API, choose the Trip Type and destinations for your Southwest Airlines reservations.
- Next, you have to pick the dates on which you want to fly.
- Then you are required to select the number of passengers and if you have any promo code, use it and click the Search button.
- Further, you would get flight options as per the information provided by you and you need to pick the suitable flight option.
- Thereafter, you will require to enter the passenger and contact information and proceed.
- In this way, you would redirect to the Southwest Airlines flight booking payment page. Choose the payment method and complete the purchase by paying the amount.
- Once the payment gets done, a flight reservation confirmation will be sent to you along with the booking confirmation number. You can use this number to access your flight ticket later.
Southwest Airlines® is aware that government mandates have resulted in restrictions on air travel due to the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Unfortunately, many of the restrictions will result in flight cancellations, potential quarantines upon arrival, and/or temperature checks upon landing, and we sincerely regret any inconvenience created by the travel disruptions.
Notifying affected Customers: Taking care of you
Once Southwest becomes aware of any government’s travel restriction that results in a flight cancellation or self-quarantine, our Team will notify you as soon as possible with your options. Rest assured, we will offer maximum flexibility and accommodate Customers to the best of our ability. As always, the Southwest Team appreciates your patience and trust in us during this unprecedented time.
Canceling your Southwest flightUpdated July 21, 2020 at 11:30 a.m. CT.
If you decide not to travel, as long as you cancel your flight at least 10 minutes before its scheduled departure, the funds used to pay for a nonrefundable ticket (Wanna Get Away® fares) are normally valid for one year from the date of purchase.
However, in recognition of the current travel environment, we are extending the expiration date of some travel funds:
- Customers’ funds that have expired or will expire between March 1, 2020 and September 7, 2020, will now expire September 7, 2022.
- Any travel funds created because you cancel a flight between March 1 – September 7, 2020, will expire September 7, 2022.
For recently cancelled tickets and newly created travel funds, it may take up to five business days for the expiration date to change to September 7, 2022. Typically, the expiration date is updated at midnight after the fund creation.
It’s important to note, while these unused travel funds will be available until September 7, 2022, once the funds are used to make a purchase, the expiration date of the travel funds will then follow our normal ticketing rules and will expire 12 months from the date of purchase.
- Your original unused travel funds with confirmation number OLD111 expired on March 19, 2020.
- These unused travel funds were extended to an expiration date of September 7, 2022.
- You use some of those funds on August 1, 2020 to book new travel in September under confirmation number NEW111.
- If for some reason you need to cancel this new flight, your unused travel funds associated with confirmation number NEW111 will be valid for 12 months from the booking date which means they will expire August 1, 2021.
- Any remaining unused travel funds tied to OLD111 will be available through September 7, 2022.
We have also added a new benefit for our valued Rapid Rewards Members. Those Members who have travel funds that are set to expire or funds that are created between March 1, 2020 and September 7, 2020 will have the option to convert those travel funds into Rapid Rewards points at the same rate you would be able to purchase a ticket with points today. We hope this provides our Members ultimate flexibility as Rapid Rewards points never expire, never have cancel or change fees (fare difference may apply), and you can redeem your points for anyone you choose.
Our Technology Team is working to build this conversion capability, and we will be in touch when it is ready for you to use. In the meantime, you don’t need to take any action—your travel funds will be automatically extended for the two years mentioned above, and you will be able to make this conversion once we bring this new functionality to fruition.
Southwest Airlines Manage My Booking Service
Are you going to Booking a Flight on Southwest airlines? But being a first-time traveler you don't know about the multiple important things such as check-in and baggage? Then you have to know about that before making your reservation to any preferred route. You can easily make Southwest airlines reservations to a wide range of destinations and avail the multiple facilities.
If you don't know about the baggage policy and check-in policy, then you can follow the below instructions:
Southwest Airlines Baggage Service
- Carry-on Baggage: Passengers are allowed to carry one personal item and one bag at free of cost. Personal items considered as a purse, an umbrella, laptop bag, etc and that maximum dimension will be 46 x 22 x 34 cm.
- Checked Baggage: Passengers are permitted two cheeked baggage whose maximum weight will be 22 kg and the dimension will be 157 cm.
Southwest Airlines Check-in Policy
- Online Check-in: Southwest airlines provide the online check-in facility to the passengers and they can check-in for their flight within 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight.
- Airport Check-in: Check-in process can also be completed at the airport where you would need to reach at the airport 1 hour to 30 minutes before the scheduled departure of flight that also depends on your flight type.
If you are still on doubt regarding the Southwest airlines reservations or have any other query, then you can contact the Southwest reservations team and avail the effective assistance to resolve the queries.
Get Your Flight Booked on Southwest Airlines Instantly from Anywhere
Aside from this, if you find any problem while making the flight reservations on Southwest Airlines, you should immediately contact the Southwest Airlines customer service number USA. The team of reservation experts will help you throughout the process around the clock.
Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy
Southwest Airlines is one of the significant airlines of the USA which is loved by travellers for low-cost services but the other thing which makes it an ideal airline to travel is the cancellation policy which is different for various types of the ticket.
- If the booking is retracted within 24 hours of purchase then the passenger does not need to pay any cancellation charges and they will get a full refund on cancellation.
- If a person is facing cancelling the refundable ticket within 24 hours then he will get the option to get the refund in the original mode of payment or in your travel wallet.
- If the non-refundable ticket is cancelled within 24 hours then no choice will be given to the passenger, the refund will be given in the travel wallet.
- If the ticket is cancelled after 24 hours then no refund will be given.
- In addition to this, the southwest flight change policy 24 hours also plays a big role according to which flight change is possible when done within 24 hours of booking.
Find Southwest Phone Number Info Before and During Your Journey
- For United States Region: 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792)
- For Grand Cayman Region: 1-844-670-7914
- For En Estados Unidos Region: 1-800-VAMONOS (1-800-826-6667)
- For Jamaica Region: 1-800-425-8130
- For Aruba Region: 588-2900
- For Bahamas Region: 1-855-202-3403
- For En Jamaica Region: 1-800-425-8089
- For En Bahamas Region: 1-855-202-3402
- For Mexico Region: 01-800-083-1179
- For Belize Region: 0-800-0078684
- For En México Region: 01-800-083-1178
- For En Belice Region: 0-800-247-5463
- For Costa Rica Region: 0-800-012-1916
- For Dominican Republic Region: 1-800-751-9039
Other General Contact Information: Southwest Airlines
- For Southwest Vacations: 1-800-243-8372
- For Customer Service(General): 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792)
- For Baggage Related Queries: 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792)
- For Customer Service(Rapid Rewards): 1-800-445-5764
How do I know that your aircraft cabins are safe from the coronavirus?
Southwest aircraft are regularly maintained in accordance with an established program aimed at providing a clean and inviting cabin experience. In addition to aircraft being tidied up between flights during the day, each aircraft receives a thorough review that includes cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting that meets or exceeds recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO). And, as of March 4, we’ve enhanced our cleaning efforts in response to the current environment.
How do you keep the cabin air clean?
All of our aircraft are equipped with HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filters, which filter out airborne particles as the air onboard is recirculated with outside air. These same HEPA filters are used in many hospitals to enhance air quality within that environment.
Our aircraft are also designed with an air circulation system that mixes in fresh air from outside the plane. The HEPA filter and the air circulation system work together to provide the optimum air quality while onboard a Southwest plane which, in most cases, exceeds the quality of air that can be found in outdoor air, as well as a typical office building or similar public venue. On average, a complete exchange of cabin air and outside air is accomplished every three minutes.
What enhanced cleaning is Southwest doing to ensure aircraft are safe?
We have added multiple layers of stringent cleaning and disinfecting:
- An electrostatic disinfectant and anti-microbial spray is applied on every surface of the aircraft that kills viruses on contact and forms an anti-microbial coating or shield for 30 days.
- Sani-Cide EX3, a broad-spectrum disinfectant, will be used to clean commonly used areas (onboard lavatories, tray tables, armrests, seat belts, flight attendant call buttons, and overhead bin handles) before every flight. (Begins mid-May)
- We also deep clean each plane from nose to tail for nearly 6-7 hours every night. (Began March 4)
- Our gate areas, ticket counters, and baggage claim areas are cleaned multiple times a day.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the airport and wipes will be available onboard for Customers.
- We use HEPA air filters onboard our aircraft, which remove 99.97% of airborne particles—similar to technology found in hospitals.
- We have aligned these stringent cleaning policies and procedures with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
How do I limit Contact on my day of travel?
We understand it’s important to remove unnecessary touchpoints. That’s why we are encouraging everyone to maintain a physical distance wherever possible and limit hand-to-hand contact with others. We are also requiring that all Customers wear a protective mask or face covering in the airport and on the plane. (Began May 11)
Here are a few ways you can limit contact:
- Download the Southwest® App for a mobile boarding pass to avoid exchanging paper with others.
- Hold up your credentials for verification versus passing it to an Employee.
- At gate check, scan and keep your boarding pass instead of handing it to the Southwest Gate Agent.
How Southwest Airlines Is Changing Its Flights?
- Southwest Airlines is making a number of major changes to its flight operations amid the new realities of travel.
- The changes range from face covering policies to a spectrum of social-distancing policies, all of which reflect the way we will all have to travel — at least in the short term.
- First, Southwest has become the most recent air carrier to announce a policy requiring masks or face coverings for travelers. (Major carriers including American Airlines and JetBlue have put in similar requirements).
- The new policy will go into effect May 11, according to a statement from Southwest.
- On May 3, the airline began requiring customer-facing employees to wear face masks or coverings.
- Southwest Airlines said that customers who forgot their masks would receive one on the flight.
- It’s part of a broader new hygiene policy for the low-cost carrier, from multiple cleanings of Southwest spaces in airports to available sanitizing wipes in-flight and nightly, wide-ranging cleanings of aircraft.
- The carrier said it would also “continue” using HEPA air filters to circulate air in the cabin.
- Earlier this week, Southwest said it would be “temporarily” limiting the number of passengers seated in the cabin in order to “allow customers to spread out in comfortable distances.”
- “Customers may still pick their own seat, and Southwest will not be blocking seats or directing seating,” the airline said. “In our open seating environment, families or those traveling together may sit together.”
- Southwest has also suspended inflight beverage and snack service, although customers can bring their own food and drink on board.
- Earlier this week, the airline began boarding in groups of 10 people at a time.
Starting this month, the airline is also adding plexiglass shields at ticket counters and gate podiums, along with adding floor markers for social distancing — although the company encouraged customers to download mobile boarding passes.
While much of the Caribbean remains on lockdown, these changes will likely still be in effect when tourism eventually returns to the region.
- Most Popular Airlines