Alaska Airlines Baggage Policy
If you're going to travel with Alaska Airlines flight booking and having questions in your mind about baggage policy. You should stop worrying about the baggage fees and go through the details mentioned in this post. Here you will get all the information about Alaska Airlines baggage allowance.
- Alaska Airlines is a renowned option among the passengers owing to the fact that the airline provides cheap and affordable commutes and travel to the passengers or travellers who are on a budget and require budget-friendly trips. The Alaska Airline is headquartered at Seattle, Washington and is often regarded as one of the major American airlines. Many upgrade programs are also offered by the airline to make travel easy for those who are ardent flyers with Alaska Airline.
- If you are planning to fly with the Alaska Airlines then you could resort to the online Alaska Airlines reservations system that is provided by the airline. The airline offers several amenities and facilities that make it a go-to option among the passengers. The fares are comparatively low and the airline serves more than 115 destinations all across the United States, Canada, Costa Rica and Mexico.
In this paper, we are going to have a closer look at the Alaska Airlines reservations, followed by the baggage policy of Alaska Airlines. So follow until the end.
Alaska Airlines reservations
In order to reserve flights with Alaska Airlines, the passengers need to follow the steps listed below:
- Navigate to the main website of Alaska Airlines and there on the homepage, you will spot the reservations option. From here you could initiate your reservation with Alaska Airlines.
- Start by selecting the type of trip that you would like to take from the following: round trip, one way or multi-city.
- Enter the departure and the arrival details. You need to provide the departure city and the arrival city, followed by the number of passengers you are flying with.
- After entering all the required information, you need to hit the 'Search Flight' option.
- You will be redirected to another page where all the search options will be displayed. You need to select an option that fits best as per your need and budget.
- After making the apposite selection, the next thing to do is to proceed further with the payment.
- Once the payment is made, the confirmation will be delivered via electronic mail and will consist of the details regarding your Alaska Airlines reservations.
If you still need help with the reservations or any other thing that is related with Airlines, then you may connect with the customer service team at Alaska Airlines who can be reached by dialling the Alaska Airlines phone number. They are experts and experienced a lot and are able to provide appropriate assistance and help in case of need. The Alaska Airline phone number could be retrieved from the web page of Alaska Airlines.
Alaska Airlines Baggage policy
- Alaska Airline allows passengers to carry one carry-on baggage for free. However certain fares are levied that the passengers need to pay.
- As far as the dimensions of the carry-on baggage are concerned, the allowed dimensions are 45 linear inches (22x14x9) or 115 cms (65x43x25) including handles and wheels.
- As far as the fee is concerned, the passengers need to pay 30 USD for the first bag, followed by 40 USD for the second and 100 USD for the third and each additional bag.
- As far as the Alaska Airlines baggage policy is concerned, the passengers need to pay 100 USD for every overweight bag that exceeds beyond 50 pounds or 23 kgs and lies somewhere between 51 to 100 pounds or 24 to 46 kilograms.
Alaska Airlines Carry-on Baggage Policy
- One personal item and a piece of baggage are allowed to be carried by a single passenger on the aircraft.
- The sum of the linear dimension for carry-on baggage should not exceed 115 cm. You can carry a bag with 22x14x9 cm.
- The carry on bag will be kept in the pocket of the seat or in the overhead bin above hence you need to pack it in a way that it can be fixed in the given space without disturbing any other passengers.
- Just in case, if the carry on bag that you are carrying with you exceeds the decided dimension or weight, you may face the Alaska Airlines overweight baggage fee.
Moving ahead, you should also know the check baggage policy of Alaska Airlines. So, go through the pointers mentioned below to get information about the checked baggage policy of the airline.
Alaska Airlines Checked-In Baggage Policy
- Once your flight reservation is done, you can carry two pieces of bags on your Alaska Airlines flight.
- The maximum size of checked baggage must be less than 62 inches with the sum of all linear dimensions. And the weight must be less than 23 KG.
- In any case, the weight of luggage crosses the pre-decided limit or comes out oversized, a penalty will be required to pay by the passenger. Also, the baggage fee may vary depending upon many factors such as destinations, date, route, type of flight.
Things That You Should Know About Alaska Airlines Carry on Baggage Weight?
Alaska Airlines Baggage Allowance & Fees
When you travel with an overweight bag which means you have a bag exceeding the Alaska Airlines carry on baggage weight limit. In such cases, you will be required to pay the baggage fees. The baggage fee is as follows:
- For the first bag that doesn't exceed the decided size or weight will be charged with $ 30.
- For the second checked bag, you have to pay $ 40 and third onwards, the fee would be $ 100 where other restrictions and rules will be applicable.
- If you have a traveling bag that exceeds the weight limit between 51 and 100 lbs, a fee of $ 100 will be imposed on the passengers to carry the luggage.
- On the other hand, checked baggage with the sum of linear dimensions excepeds and lies between 63 and 115 inches, will also require to pay a penalty of $ 100.
- No single piece of the bag can exceed 100 lbs and 115 inches of the linear dimension. In such cases, you need to contact the customer service to carry that piece of luggage.
How Many Bags Can I Carry on Alaska Airlines?
If you face any problem in getting your luggage as it has missed at the airport or you didn't find it at the check-out counter. You can file Alaska Airlines lost baggage complaints. In addition, you have to file a claim in person under 24 hours of luggage missing at the airport. The airline will not compensate without a report.
- First of all, you should immediately file a report in person at the Alaska Airlines service baggage office.
- Also, if you see any damaged bag, you should show it to the agent right after you get the baggage at the carousel.
- Moreover, if you have reported the damage or lost baggage at the airport and to know the status, you need to contact the airport service baggage office where you filed the complaint.
With this information, you must be confident and can travel without paying any additional baggage fee on Alaska Airlines. Just in case, if you want to know more about the Alaska baggage allowance first class, you can contact the customer service team. And to connect with them, you don't need to go to the airport, you can dial the phone number and get information from the customer service representative.
- What happens if my Southwest flight is Cancelled due to weather?
- What happens if I miss my KLM flight?
- Does KLM Airlines Have a Live Chat? Support
- How do I get my boarding pass on the United app?
- Can You Live Chat With Ryanair? Live Person
- What airline is the best to fly with?
- Can I cancel a flight and get a refund?
- Is it better to cancel flight or not show up?
- How can I talk to someone at Hawaiian Airlines?
- How can I talk to someone at Frontier airlines?