Alaska Airlines Baggage Policy: Need to know about Your Baggage While flying
If you're going to travel with Alaska Airlines flight booking and having questions in your mind about baggage policy. You should stop worrying about the baggage fees and go through the details mentioned in this post. Here you will get all the information about Alaska Airlines baggage allowance.
Alaska Airlines Carry-on Baggage Policy
- One personal item and a piece of baggage are allowed to be carried by a single passenger on the aircraft.
- The sum of the linear dimension for carry-on baggage should not exceed 115 cm. You can carry a bag with 22x14x9 cm.
- The carry on bag will be kept in the pocket of the seat or in the overhead bin above hence you need to pack it in a way that it can be fixed in the given space without disturbing any other passengers.
- Just in case, if the carry on bag that you are carrying with you exceeds the decided dimension or weight, you may face the Alaska Airlines overweight baggage fee.
Moving ahead, you should also know the check baggage policy of Alaska Airlines. So, go through the pointers mentioned below to get information about the checked baggage policy of the airline.
Alaska Airlines Checked-In Baggage Policy
- Once your flight reservation is done, you can carry two pieces of bags on your Alaska Airlines flight.
- The maximum size of checked baggage must be less than 62 inches with the sum of all linear dimensions. And the weight must be less than 23 KG.
- In any case, the weight of luggage crosses the pre-decided limit or comes out oversized, a penalty will be required to pay by the passenger. Also, the baggage fee may vary depending upon many factors such as destinations, date, route, type of flight.
Things That You Should Know About Alaska Airlines Carry on Baggage Weight?
Alaska Airlines Baggage Allowance & Fees
When you travel with an overweight bag which means you have a bag exceeding the Alaska Airlines carry on baggage weight limit. In such cases, you will be required to pay the baggage fees. The baggage fee is as follows:
- For the first bag that doesn't exceed the decided size or weight will be charged with $ 30.
- For the second checked bag, you have to pay $ 40 and third onwards, the fee would be $ 100 where other restrictions and rules will be applicable.
- If you have a traveling bag that exceeds the weight limit between 51 and 100 lbs, a fee of $ 100 will be imposed on the passengers to carry the luggage.
- On the other hand, checked baggage with the sum of linear dimensions exceeds and lies between 63 and 115 inches, will also require to pay a penalty of $ 100.
- No single piece of the bag can exceed 100 lbs and 115 inches of the linear dimension. In such cases, you need to contact the customer service to carry that piece of luggage.
How Many Bags Can I Carry on Alaska Airlines?
If you face any problem in getting your luggage as it has missed at the airport or you didn't find it at the check-out counter. You can file Alaska Airlines lost baggage complaints. In addition, you have to file a claim in person under 24 hours of luggage missing at the airport. The airline will not compensate without a report.
- First of all, you should immediately file a report in person at the Alaska Airlines service baggage office.
- Also, if you see any damaged bag, you should show it to the agent right after you get the baggage at the carousel.
- Moreover, if you have reported the damage or lost baggage at the airport and to know the status, you need to contact the airport service baggage office where you filed the complaint.
With this information, you must be confident and can travel without paying any additional baggage fee on Alaska Airlines. Just in case, if you want to know more about the Alaska baggage allowance first class, you can contact the customer service team. And to connect with them, you don't need to go to the airport, you can dial the phone number and get information from the customer service representative.
- What is the low fare calendar on Alaska Airlines?
- What is Alaska airlines Name Correction Policy?
- What is the Southwest Low Fare Calendar?
- What is Frontier Airlines Name Correction Policy?
- What Is Philippine Airlines Name Correction Policy?
- How To Request a Refund from Spirit Airlines?
- Alaska Airlines Group Travel & Booking - Tips for Group Travelling
- Lufthansa Airlines Cancellation Policy & Refund
- How do I Change My Flight on Copa Airlines?
- Vietnam Airlines Flight Tickets Cancellation Policy & Refund - A Definitive Guide