South African Airways
The flag carrier airline of South Africa, South African Airways (SAA), is engaged in flying to 35 destinations, including the domestic and international destinations. It has a fleet of 47 aircraft that comprise Airbus A319-100, Airbus A320-200, Airbus A330-300, Airbus A330-200, Airbus A340-300, Airbus A340-600, and Boeing 737-300F. South African Airways was founded in 1934 after the acquisition of Union Airways by the South African government. South African Railways and Harbours Administration are jointly managing this airline. The airline, in 1997, changed its name, image and aircraft livery to introduce online ticketing services. In 2006, it split from its parent company, Transnet, to operate as an independent airline.
What is the South African Airways foundation date?
February 1st, 1934
What are the classes of the South African Airways?
- Business Class
- Economy Class
How to instantly book a flight on South African Airways?
If you dial South African Airways reservation phone number, it is possible for you to book a ticket within 15 minutes. The helpline number boast by this airline company is fast and delivering best-in-class services. As it is managed and assisted by specially trained helpline executives, it has been helping the domestic and international passengers. Dial this number anytime and get your ticket booked.
What is the frequent-flyer program introduced by South African Airways?
The frequent-flyer program introduced by South African Airways is Voyager which also features 32 other airlines. It consists of five tiers – Blue, Silver, Gold, Platinum and Lifetime Platinum. The passengers must fly on selected flights to allocate "Tier Miles" for reaching a higher tier.
What are the codeshares of South African Airways?
South African Airways has codeshare agreements with Air Mauritius, Air New Zealand, Air Seychelles, Jet Airways, JetBlue, All Nippon Airways, Asiana Airlines, Air Canada, Air China, Avianca Brazil, EgyptAir, Emirates, Ethiopian Airlines, LAM Mozambique Airlines, LATAM Brasil, Lufthansa, Etihad Airways, Mango, Qantas, Virgin Australia, RwandAir, United Airlines, Scandinavian Airlines, Singapore Airlines, TAP Air Portugal, Swiss International Air Lines, and TAAG Angola Airlines.
What is the South African Airways fleet size?
64 (includes Mango and SAA Cargo)
What South African Airways fleet consists?
- Airbus A330-200
- Airbus A319-100
- Airbus A320-200
- Airbus A330-300
- Airbus A340-300
- Airbus A340-600
- Boeing 737-300F
What are the numbers of destinations served by South African Airways?
How to get cheap air tickets in South African Airways?
- Fly to a particular city during undesirable hours
- Go for a Red-Eye flight to a specific city
- Compare fares at airports near your destination city
- Use airline miles or redeeming credit card reward points to book your ticket
- Get the updates of discount offers by following South African Airways on social media
- Use the South African Airways helpline number to book cheap flight tickets
- Book the ticket for a crack-of-dawn flight
- Try to avoid major holidays for your trip
What are the services offered by South African Airways helpline?
- Scheduled flight status
- Airline's food, beverage, and special dish policies
- Airline's club & lounge policy
- Expenses of the flights in different destinations
- Airline's personal item and carried bag policies
- Airline's seating arrangement change policy
- Airline's child and physically disabled policies
- Airline's ticket booking policy and procedure
- Airline's in-flight shopping & entertainment policies
- Airline's discount offers
- Availability of flights