- South African Airways Information
Headquarters: OR Tambo International Airport Kempton Park, Ekurhuleni, Gauteng, South Africa
Customer Service Number: 00 27 11 978 2888
Parent Organization: NA
Customer Support Email: NA
- South African Airways Hub
- O. R. Tambo International Airport
- Top South African Airways Airport
O.R. Tambo International Airport
Cape Town International Airport
South African Airways
The flag carrier airline of South Africa, South African Airways (SAA), is engaged in flying to 35 destinations, including the domestic and international destinations. It has a fleet of 47 aircraft that comprise Airbus A319-100, Airbus A320-200, Airbus A330-300, Airbus A330-200, Airbus A340-300, Airbus A340-600, and Boeing 737-300F. South African Airways was founded in 1934 after the acquisition of Union Airways by the South African government. South African Railways and Harbours Administration are jointly managing this airline. The airline, in 1997, changed its name, image and aircraft livery to introduce online ticketing services. In 2006, it split from its parent company, Transnet, to operate as an independent airline.
What is the South African Airways foundation date?
February 1st, 1934
What are the classes of South African Airways?
- Business Class
- Economy Class
How to instantly book a flight on South African Airways?
If you dial South African Airways reservation phone number, it is possible for you to book a ticket within 15 minutes. The helpline number boast by this airline company is fast and delivering best-in-class services. As it is managed and assisted by specially trained helpline executives, it has been helping the domestic and international passengers. Dial this number anytime and get your ticket booked.
What is the frequent-flyer program introduced by South African Airways?
The frequent-flyer program introduced by South African Airways is Voyager which also features 32 other airlines. It consists of five tiers – Blue, Silver, Gold, Platinum and Lifetime Platinum. The passengers must fly on selected flights to allocate "Tier Miles" for reaching a higher tier.
What are the codeshares of South African Airways?
South African Airways has codeshare agreements with Air Mauritius, Air New Zealand, Air Seychelles, Jet Airways, JetBlue, All Nippon Airways, Asiana Airlines, Air Canada, Air China, Avianca Brazil, EgyptAir, Emirates, Ethiopian Airlines, LAM Mozambique Airlines, LATAM Brasil, Lufthansa, Etihad Airways, Mango, Qantas, Virgin Australia, RwandAir, United Airlines, Scandinavian Airlines, Singapore Airlines, TAP Air Portugal, Swiss International Air Lines, and TAAG Angola Airlines.
What is the South African Airways fleet size?
64 (includes Mango and SAA Cargo)
What South African Airways fleet consists of?
- Airbus A330-200
- Airbus A319-100
- Airbus A320-200
- Airbus A330-300
- Airbus A340-300
- Airbus A340-600
- Boeing 737-300F
What are the numbers of destinations served by South African Airways?
How to get cheap air tickets in South African Airways?
- Fly to a particular city during undesirable hours
- Go for a Red-Eye flight to a specific city
- Compare fares at airports near your destination city
- Use airline miles or redeeming credit card reward points to book your ticket
- Get the updates of discount offers by following South African Airways on social media
- Use the South African Airways helpline number to book cheap flight tickets
- Book the ticket for a crack-of-dawn flight
- Try to avoid major holidays for your trip
What are the services offered by South African Airways helpline?
- Scheduled flight status
- Airline's food, beverage, and special dish policies
- Airline's club & lounge policy
- Expenses of the flights in different destinations
- Airline's personal item and carried bag policies
- Airline's seating arrangement change policy
- Airline's child and physically disabled policies
- Airline's ticket booking policy and procedure
- Airline's in-flight shopping & entertainment policies
- Airline's discount offers
- Availability of flights
Get Everything on South African Airways Flight Reservations
South Africa is the biggest and most famous country in the African subcontinent. Every year several people take a trip to South Africa mesmerized with its gorgeous beaches and rich wildlife. Also, the urban culture of this country is just like any other. Hence you can choose this exotic country for an exciting trip. And when it comes to booking flights, you can easily choose South African Airways for booking instant economical flight tickets. Flying to all the prominent destinations, one can easily reach South Africa with this airline. And if you have no flying history with South African Airways, then with the help of below given South African Airways reservations details, you can also book your flights. Here is everything that you need to know about booking flights.
Steps to Book a flight in South African Airline
- To book a flight in South African airlines, go to their official website link and tap on ‘book a flight’ option.
- The booking window will open where you can fill all the details necessary for the reservation process.
- Start with deciding the destination where you want to go and from where. After this choose the date and the time of traveling.
- Move down and choose if you are making a one-way trip or two-way flights. If you have plans to travel more then you can even choose multi-city trips.
- Next, select how many people are traveling on this ticket? If in case there are adults, kids and youth or babies then mention everyone. If kids are traveling alone, there is an option for that as well nearby. You can also select that.
- Coming next, select the mode of payment you would like to have for paying for the online flight.
- If you are traveling more than nine people in a group then you can book flights in a group. For this, you have an option below.
- Moving next, if you have any promotional code then use it for availing the discount.
- Having filled all the details, tap on search flight and go through the list of all the available flights.
- Pick one, make payment and complete your booking.
And that’s how you can confirm your bookings. Also if you want to check South African Airways flight status then visit manage booking option and confirm the updated timings. And for more doubts, you can contact the customer care team of the airline.